I love Cup of Noodles mostly for it’s broth. The noodles are kind of plain, but it’s so convenient. Plus, the broth really makes me feel warm and cozy on a cold day. If you look at the labels though, you start to worry about what you’re actually doing to yourself. So I wondered, could I mix my own together in a convenient amount of time? without all the junk I don’t want. Turns out, it wasn’t difficult at all.
Amy’s Nearly-Instant Broth
I suggest you use low sodium options if you’re lowering your salt intake.
- 6 cups of water and 6 t. beef or chicken bullion (or 6 cups of Canned broth)
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 1 T. Garlic – minced (I buy it by the jar) (or 1/2 T. garlic powder)
- 1/4 t. Basil
- Sprinkle of Cayenne (optional)
- Sprinkle of Red Pepper Flakes (optional) I like mine spicy!
- 1/4 t. Garlic Salt (optional)
- 1/2 bag of frozen bell peppers and onions
- Various frozen vegetables you have on hand – I used broccoli, spinach, and green beans (I try to keep a variety of vegetables on hand for cooking convenience)
- Drizzle of Sesame Oil (optional – I enjoy the aroma)
Dump in a saucepan and bring to a soft boil for about 5 min., pour, and enjoy. Save remaining.