Last night, I wasn’t sure what to fix. After searching my cupboards, I decided to use the canned chicken I’d bought to make a quick soup perfect for cold winter nights without a lot of carbs. Each bowl is only 110 calories and 6 carbs.
Chicken No-Noodle Soup
- 1 T. Butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of carrots, cubed or grated
- 10 fresh green beans (or frozen), bite size cuts
- 1/2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 T. frozen spinach
- 1/4 c. green, red, or yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 t. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 t. dried basil
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. thyme
- 4 cups of chicken broth (or 4 c water with 4 tsp. chicken bullion)
- 1- 10 oz. can of white chicken breast in water (add water with chicken)
- 1 T. cornstarch (optional thickener)
- Saute onions, celery, carrots, bell peppers, green beans, and zucchini in 1 T. butter until soft.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Add can of chicken with water.
- Add frozen spinach, salt, pepper, cayenne, basil, garlic powder, and thyme. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Bring to a boil and remove about 1 T. of chicken broth into a measuring cup. Mix cornstarch in and return to soup. Stir until thickened slightly, reduce heat, simmer for an hour.